Tuesday, April 2, 2013

DIY Leather Notebook Cover

Today's guest post comes from Mariana of Behind My Desk.  Mariana is a wife and mother living in Slovenia and who also loves to blog about pretty things.  I especially love her DIY posts so I was very excited when she agreed to share one of her wonderful creations with us today...


I’ve made (and posted) a few DIY notebooks and quite some leather DIY projects already.  I'd wanted to make this one for a while and finally was able to get it done. And - as you might have noticed - I found some inspiration for the notebook on Nicole’s blog, too!

You will need...
  • a notebook
  • a piece of leather 
  • appropriate (leather) glue
  • paint brushes
  • leather paints
  • a plastic stencil
  • alphabet stamps

Cut the leather to fit, glue it on the notebook - I helped myself with a paintbrush.  Leave it to dry well.

 You can help yourself with clips....
...Then put a book or two on it while drying... 


When dry, paint and write on it with leather paints.  
I helped myself with plastic stencil, paintbrush and wooden alphabet stamps.
I like the results and I hope you like it, too.  Thank you!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, this is a fun DIY! I really like how you personalized it with the paint. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty! I really need to go into stamping! I think it would save me money & would make everything I own so pretty! =)

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats very quick and easy! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Love this DIY! Notebooks are one of my faves :-)
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete