Lately, I've been working really hard to be healthy and stay in shape. However I find it to be challenging since I possess an extremely intense sweet tooth. My days start off ok but by the time it's 2pm, my blood sugar drops and the Sugar Zombie takes over. Luckily, these banana pops have comes to my aid in combatting these cravings. They are really quick and easy to make and leave you feeling satisfied. Just like a snicker - only it's actually good for you!
Chocolate Dipped Banana Pops (makes 8 pops)
- 1/4 cup of coconut flakes, toasted
- 1/4 cup of chopped peanuts, toasted
- 4 ripe bananas, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup of roughly chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil
- 8 popsicle sticks
- In a small pan, toast coconut flakes and peanuts until lightly brown for about 2 minutes. Remove immediately from heat and place in a small bowl.
- Next, stick the popsicle sticks into the banana slices and set aside
- Microwave chocolate and oil in another bowl, stirring every 15 seconds until smooth.
- Coat each banana pop with chocolate, sprinkle the toasted coconut and peanuts on top and place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Freeze until solid, about 2 hours.