Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Chocolate Dipped Banana Pops

Lately, I've been working really hard to be healthy and stay in shape. However I find it to be challenging since I possess an extremely intense sweet tooth.  My days start off ok but by the time it's 2pm, my blood sugar drops and the Sugar Zombie takes over.  Luckily, these banana pops have comes to my aid in combatting these cravings.  They are really quick and easy to make and leave you feeling satisfied.  Just like a snicker - only it's actually good for you!

Chocolate Dipped Banana Pops (makes 8 pops)

Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup of coconut flakes, toasted
  • 1/4 cup of chopped peanuts, toasted
  • 4 ripe bananas, sliced in half
  • 1/2 cup of roughly chopped bittersweet chocolate
  • 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil
  • 8 popsicle sticks



Directions
  1. In a small pan, toast coconut flakes and peanuts until lightly brown for about 2 minutes.  Remove immediately from heat and place in a small bowl. 
  2. Next, stick the popsicle sticks into the banana slices and set aside
  3. Microwave chocolate and oil in another bowl, stirring every 15 seconds until smooth.
  4. Coat each banana pop with chocolate, sprinkle the toasted coconut and peanuts on top and place on a  baking sheet covered with parchment paper.  Freeze until solid, about 2 hours.

*****

6 comments:

  1. Hello future favorite snack!! Banana prices are going down per pound so I have to try this delicious looking treat!! =)

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. I'm not fan of banana and chocolate dishes but these seem great! :)

    Indie by heart
    ps. NINJ & NINJ -print giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look good! My mother used to make us chocolate frozen bananas all the time when I was a kid. She didn't add peanuts or coconut but that is a nice change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! They look fantastic, though I might just take the easy route & just use banana and chocolate, no extras.

    Some Snapshots Blog
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these! I've never added coconut, so I think I need to try that next time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummmm! I have been doing different things with bananas lately...but haven't tried this yet! This is very paleo-ish, minus the peanuts! Will have to try it! And I love your design again, by the way, Nicole! -Jess L

    ReplyDelete